The Rebels are a major faction of characters in Jagged Alliance 2.
The beleagured remnants of the resistance to the Queen's rule, the rebels have been pushed into the farthest corner of the country and underground by the start of the game.
Many of the rebels can be persuaded to join forces with you over the course of the campaign, beginning with Ira and culminating in Miguel himself joining your ranks.
All of the rebel RPCs like each other, and work exceptionally well together - they will often be heard cheering each other on during combat, and will mourn the loudest when another rebel dies. Keep them together for a team with unbeatable morale.
They are also loyal to each other above all else - if a rebel is intentionally attacked by a non-rebel mercenary, any other rebels nearby will drop out of your team and open fire on your squad.
Known figures Edit
- Miguel Cordona (recruitable)
- Carlos Dasouza (recruitable)
- Ira Smythe (recruitable)
- Dimitri Guzzo (recruitable)
- Even though the first thing the game instructs you to do is to find Miguel, it is possible to win the game without ever contacting the rebels. Since the win condition for the game consists solely of Deidranna's death and deposition, it is possible to even kill the rebels yourself and still go on to win the game.
- There other figures in different towns such as Dr. Vincent Beaumont and Greg "Dynamo" Duncan that are openly opposed to the Queen's rule. However, they are not especially loyal to the rebels, nor are they sympathetic to Miguel's leadership, and thus should not be counted amongst them - they could more accurately be described as "independently angry".